Sunday, November 01, 2009

Aaaaand They're Off!

Seven of us made it to Col's Place in Madison Heights, gabbed up until midnight, then wrote! I got my opening scene out of the way.

  • Davis Nucci owes $36,000 to the Philadelphia mob. But the enforcer sent to make him pay instead dies by accident. Now Davis hits the road west, but pretending to be Nicholas White, cold-blooded collector of bad loans and sweet protection money.
Well, sort of. I did my novel planning in September and then at 9 PM on October 31. Not the most methodical approach this year.

The night shift manager was very interested in what we were doing, and wondered if I was an English teacher. The waitress treated us very well, considering we camped out for two hours, didn't eat all that much, and all had separate checks. On the other hand, we were half of their customers over those two hours.

I misheard the youngest WriMo saying her name in the NaNo forum was "Winnemucca." Not even close, but now I know where Davis will be brought down low, far into his journey. At least, that's today's plan. After the write-in broke up, I plinked out a few more words and saw the time change back to Eastern Standard. All in all, the last 24 hours have been good, and I get to say:

Word count after 1/2 day: 778

No comments: