Saturday, October 31, 2009

At the Starting Line

Hmm, no posts since August... October has been a busy month. Detroit Co-ML Owen and I have figured out how to work together, and gotten our preparations made - we hope! - decently well for noveling month. This year we have more members but perhaps will wind up with one third fewer write-ins than last year's 14 regular dates.

Today was the kickoff party. Surprise! 50 people showed up, 40 of them WriMos. This year about one third of our regional WriMos are new, which was reflected at the party. Both these are high numbers. Got many compliments on the goodies, including two handouts written (adapted?) by me. I was pleased to see the new faces included a scattering of teens and some folks more my age.

They laughed at the right places in my speech, always a good sign.

On to the midnight write-in in a couple of hours.

Oh, preparation for this year's novel? Hah! At this point I'm winging it far more than I wanted to, though Interstate 70 is firmly in the picture.

No comments: