Wednesday, October 05, 2005

(Re) Introduction

Kicking off Year Two of the blog... Here's the very first posting, updated for 2005.

This is the National Novel Writing Month weblog of Wes the Bricoleur. Or, for short, NaNoWriMo and YT (yours truly). The goal of NaNoWriMo is to write a 50,000-word novel in the month of November. That's it! 1,667 words a day, every day, quality not even a consideration. Free Range Novelist chronicles my experiences during November, 2005. It will center on day-by-day writing plus some excerpts from my novel-in-progress. Maybe 10% of postings will ramble off into other topics.

Why a blog on top of daily pages of novel to write? This is a way to let some "I-ness" out in the midst of so much "they-ness" writing in the characters' voices. If my Inner Editor gets too restless pacing in its month-long cage, it can exercise on a very short leash here.

Here are my rules for November: this blog is a place for honest observation and reflection. Like, or don't like what YT writes? Feel free to comment, all opinions are welcome. But I simply will not be bothered to get into flaming or catfights. I'll write about other WriMos here, and in return expect to be fair game.

The original charter of Free Range Novelist was only a handful of words different from this, so I'll just keep going in the original spirit, but one year wiser in the ways of the WriMo.

So. Here we go... enjoy November!

No comments: